Principal Contractor & Site Managers
Appointed for notifiable sites, they must:
- Plan, manage and monitor construction phase in liaison with contractor(s).
- Prepare, develop and implement a written plan and site rules, both before and during the construction phase.
- Give contractors relevant parts of the plan.
- Make sure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase.
- Check the competence of all appointees.
- Ensure all workers have site induction and any further information and training needed for the work.
- Consult with the workers.
- Liaise with CDM co-ordinator regarding ongoing design.
- Ensure the site is secure.